If you are considering selling on Amazon, you should know that launching a new product is both daunting and exciting. You might be excited to introduce your product but scared that only a few people might receive it positively. Launching a new product is challenging for many sellers and so in this article, we will provide you with some essential tips to launch your products and optimizing your Amazon store to help you increase sales.
Before you become a seller on Amazon, it may be helpful to look at the statistics. Amazon has over 9.5 million sellers, and sales reached over $500 billion in 2022. Imagine the money you can also earn from selling on Amazon. However, the market is saturated, so it’s important to take the necessary steps to distinguish yourself from other sellers.
Targeting Low-Hanging Fruit Keywords
Selling on Amazon is all about appearing on the search result pages. The higher your rank, the higher the chance of getting more sales. To achieve that, the appropriate keywords are the crucial element. Instead of targeting essential keywords that are difficult to rank, it’s better to search and identify the low-hanging fruit. These keyword phrases don’t have a huge search volume but are specific about your items and pretty easy to rank — they also don’t have much competition around them. By having an excellent ranking in many low-hanging keywords, their combined external traffic could match the necessary keywords. You are looking for specific keywords that don’t have many monthly searches. But collectively can serve proper external traffic to your product listings.
To find such keywords, you need to use a paid research tool such as Helium 10. The platform is a popular resource for keyword research, product research, listing optimization, Amazon PPC campaign, etc.
Optimizing Product Listings
The keywords you will get from the tool will be important in optimizing your product listings. A good listing in search results must be well-optimized to rank high and reach more potential customers. To achieve rank, you must follow Amazon’s guidelines on copywriting.
A professional Amazon copywriter can help you create high-quality content and help you get familiar with important words and phrasing. You might think this is an unimportant investment but a good copywriter can really help to increase your conversion rates. It’s critical that you carefully consider the title, content, bullet points, and product description for your customer before launching.
Here are some guidelines from Amazon Seller Central.
- Titles should not exceed 200 characters.
- Add a primary keyword not more than once in your title.
- Do not use promotional phrases such as “quality guaranteed” or make unlikely statements.
- Clickbait words such as Free or Best are not allowed.
Optimizing The Listing For Maximum Visibility
Relevancy is most important for the visibility of a newly launched product. If Amazon clears up your products, it will drive traffic from relevant customers. So, follow the process below:
Login to Amazon Seller Central. Click on Manage Inventory. Click on Edit.
Fill in the informational fields about your product. Doing so will support you in building vital relevancy in the eyes of Amazon.
You must use accurate keywords on your product listings. When writing your product pages, include the specific keywords that you are targeting:
- Product Title
- Bullet points
- Listing Description
- Alt description for the images
- Comparison chart
Make Attractive Visuals
Modern consumers decide what they purchase based on visuals and videos alone. Therefore, publishing high-quality visuals that represent your products will significantly impact your brand marketing strategies in a positive way.
Images and videos are conclusive to the purchasing decisions of daily consumers. Therefore, creating visuals is critical to improving your conversion rate and representing your product. Here are some guidelines:
- Images must accurately represent the product (colors, variants, features, etc.)
- Product specifications are required.
- Photos have to be on white backgrounds and professionally shot.
- The supportive formats are jpeg, tiff, png, and gif (non-animated).
- Images must be at least 1600px or more prominent on the longer side so that potential customers can zoom in on the product (Image ratio 1:1 or 2:1).
- Proper instruction on the usage of the product.
- Use infographic images to compare the pros and cons, show processes, and define the features of each product.
Building an Amazon A+ Content page is also a perfect way to display visuals for launch. A+ content allows adding drag-and-drop widgets showing customers high-quality content and images. This could increase conversion rates. Add headlines to represent your brand’s message. A picture paints a thousand words. But a good headline can be similar to a thousand pictures too.
Create a Marketing Plan For the Product
Before launching, you must check your competitors and create a marketing plan based on their performance. Then, estimate earnings by measuring against your competitors.
Utilizing the Best Seller Ranking (BSR) number, you can also estimate the expected sales volume. Take the top 3 competitors and check out their Best Seller Ranking:
- Products within the top 2000 BSR = 21 or more sales a day
- Products within 2000-5000 BSR = Estimated 11-20 sales a day
- Products within 5000-8000 BSR = Estimated 7-10 sales a day
- Products within 8000-1000 BSR = Estimated 4-7 sales a day
This estimated number could fluctuate depending on the season and your target market. Before selling, you can follow up on your competitor’s sales data to validate your sales estimate. During these situations, checking for the BSR and reverse-engineering competitor ASIN is a good benchmark. A newly launched product listing will have zero reviews. So you’ll have to be creative when marketing your product. You also have to think about your Amazon PPC (Pay-per-click) campaigns. And on average, the product on the first page of Amazon is usually 50% to 60% of the 70-day inventory marketing budget. Here are some tips that you can use to create buzz around a new product launch:
- Offer a discount code on products in Facebook Groups.
- Find an influencer followed by your target market, and offer them to promote your product.
- Attract early customers by providing a coupon code.
- Customers and early adopters offer lower prices for your product.
- Give free products to influencers to promote them to their social followers.
- Apply to the Amazon early reviewer program to offer a discount code in exchange for incentivized reviews.
By offering a simple discount code, how many customers will be willing to give you reviews? More. So you can generate more reviews, and the Amazon SEO score you get with their A10 Algorithm.
Setup The Initial PPC Campaigns
Before your Amazon product launches, you need historical sales data. Unfortunately, Amazon can’t give you an organic product ranking yet because it doesn’t know what your product is all about.
The best way to launch a product is by using a PPC campaign on Amazon. In the first 7-10 days, you must start strong and build your product’s relevancy.
If a customer searches for a product using a keyword then clicks on your product and buys it you start to build a relevancy score on Amazon. The Amazon A10 Algorithm indicates sales momentum, and this is a positive sign and can build relevancy from this information. You can also achieve this with your sponsored ads. Here are two items to consider for the initial pay-per-click campaign:
- Manual Exact Campaigns – target one primary keyword per campaign.
- Manual Exact ASIN Targeting – get the top 20 ASINs and try targeting them to drive traffic to your listings.
Your Ad must be relevant to your target audience to get a good CTR (click-through rate).
A/B Testing Of Price & Visuals
You need to check your CTR and conversion rate after launching your PPC campaign sales. In campaigns, generating sales is the best way to increase Amazon search results which generates more sales, faster. But it would be best if you also did some A/B testing.
A/B Testing means trying out various variations of your ads to find the best one. You can change other variables, such as:
- Price – Low the cost for a few days and check if there is a chance on the click-through rate and conversion rates.
- Main Image – Customers react to the product of the image. Check and change it to affect the CTR.
To improve your ranking, you need to find the right combination of pricing, main image visuals, and listing content. Use A/B testing to determine which variables will result in the highest CTR and most conversions.
Understanding A10 & Optimizing PPC To Get Ranked
Amazon A10 (formerly A9) is the proprietary search algorithm. It uses variables and criteria to determine which products rank high in the search results. There are two main drivers influencing the A10 Algorithm – sales velocity and keyword optimization. Let’s talk about them briefly below:
- The Velocity of Sales – Amazon is a giant ecommerce website, so it is only fair to assume that it favors sellers who can bring in the most sales to the platform.
- Keyword Optimization – Optimizing product listings is a big part of ranking your products. You must add keywords to the product title, description, and bullet points.
Using precise keyword terms for your PPC campaigns is also key for success. You bid less while getting enough traffic to generate sales for your product.
Remove Unsellable Inventory For Amazon IPI Score High
Amazon IPI (Inventory Performance Index) monitors your inventory performance over time. A high IPI score is an indicator that your products are selling well. Amazon uses IPI scores to measure if products appear on the front page. Sellers with high IPI get promoted and often have products that sell. Remove underperforming products to keep your IPI high. Use your resources to promote products through advertising.
Expect The Unexpected
If you have already planned everything to the letter, there will always be unexpected variables that can come your way. Little things such as competitors increasing their keyword bids can minimize your external traffic on PPC. These sudden events can influence your launch and result in lower sales but stay optimistic during your new launch.
Listing Update To Further Optimization
Optimizing your listings and adding rigid keywords can propagate organic traffic for your listings. This traffic can efficiently drive more customers during a new launch. Further, if you can optimize your listings, go for it.
Ease Your Product Launch
You can quickly reduce the hassle of new product listings by handing them over to virtual assistants. Virtual assistants use various techniques and tricks to fasten up your launch process. They use the multichannel listing process and channel management strategy should you have more than one sales channel.